COVID-19 Update: The Maid of the Mist is closely monitoring the latest developments regarding COVID-19 and is following the guidance of New York State public health officials. With the safety of our guests and employees in mind, we have implemented a number of changes to our operation to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, including:
- Occupancy limits – All boats and elevators are operating at 50% capacity.
- Physical distancing – Markers are in place throughout our facility and boats as a reminder to all of our visitors of the importance to maintain six feet or two meters of distance from others.
- Directional arrows and signage – These remind our visitors to maintain social distancing while guiding them in a way that minimizes contact with others.
- PPE – All visitors are required to wear a face covering as a condition of admission. This includes all areas within our facility, elevators and while on the boats. Visitors without a face covering can purchase one at our ticket office upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizer stations – These are available for guests upon entering our facility.
- Enhanced cleaning – We are adhering to the cleaning and disinfection guidelines established by the New York State Department of Health. All high-contact areas will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Health screenings – All team members are subject to temperature checks and are required to complete a health screening questionnaire prior to starting their shift.
- Visitor self check – We encourage our guests that are feeling unwell or have been in contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days to refrain from visiting and to postpone their visit to a later date.