Electricity is in the air
Maid of the Mist has been taking visitors on journeys to see breathtaking views since 1846. But in order to protect this amazing natural wonder, we need to do our part.
That’s why we’re excited to announce the creation of two new zero-emission vessels to ferry our visitors to and from the majesty that is Niagara Falls.
These catamaran-style boats are game changers for our visitors, the environment and the industry. Our new vessels:
- Are among the first all-electric passenger vessels in North America
- Utilize lithium-ion battery power that recharges to 80% each trip
- Produce zero emissions
- Operate nearly silently with little to no vibration
- Have complete redundancy in propulsion and battery power, with independent systems located in each hull
- Are made from 5086 H116 marine-grade, a superior marine-environment, corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy
- Won’t have diesel or combustion-based backup propulsion systems; unlike most other electric vessels, these will not be hybrid vessels
- Utilize forward bow thrusters to further enhance the steering capabilities, allowing the vessel to maneuver sideways and dock with ease
- Are designed to reduce both heeling and wave-induced motion, compared to a single-hull vessel
These boats are the only way to experience one of the world’s most iconic natural wonders right here in the U.S.A.